Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review: The List - Siobhan Vivian


Author: Siobhan Vivian
Series: N/A
Pages: 332
Publisher: Push
Release Date: 4/1/12
ISBN-10: 0545169178

Goodreads/Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Book Depository

An intense look at the rules of high school attraction -- and the price that's paid for them.

It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.

This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.


What to say, what to say? I was surprised that I liked this book as much as I did. I was expecting some kind of superficial fluff, but what I got was a very real story about the horrors that can plague people in high school. Thankfully this isn't exactly what my high school was like thankfully, it makes you realize, hey it could have been worse. 


One of the best parts of this was we of to see and get to know each girl on the list and we got to see there friends and in some cases family's. We got a very clear look at where the girls start this story, and a clear look at there journey and there ending. We got to see how the list effected the girls close friends, and families. And trust me when I say that each of these girls went on a journey. Being on the list changed each of them.


When I finally found out who wrote the list I was kinda surprised. Although I do see how it makes sense and it gave this whole story, a rounded feel. I'm not sure there was anything here for me to complain about, this was well written, and thought out. In the end I was moved by parts f this story and I truly enjoyed this one. This book gets 5 stars from me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs