Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review: Ultraviolet - R.J. Anderson


  • Paperback:
  •  416 pages
  • Publisher:
  •  Orchard Books
  • Language:
  •  English

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.
This is not her story.
Unless you count the part where I killed her. 
Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

My Thoughts...
This book was not at all what I expected, but it was a pleasant surprise. One of my favorite movies was Girl Interrupted, and this kinda had a similar feel to it. I actually enjoyed reading about Alison's time in the mental institution. I liked Alison, she was pretty interesting, She might not be an ass kicking chick like say Rose Hathaway, but she handled her situation rather well all things considered. I also love that she can "see" words. It was a cool look at something I didn't know much about. This book took quite a few turns that I wasn't expecting, but in the end it all seemed to come together and work well. This one really caught me off guard, and I liked that. I hope if you guys haven't all ready read it that you will give this book a chance. I'm giving this one 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs