Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Review: Shadow Heir - Richelle Mead


Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Bantam (February 1, 2012)
Language: English

 Shaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham strives to keep the mortal realm safe from trespassing entities. But as the Thorn Land's prophecy-haunted queen, there's no refuge for her and her soon-to-be-born-children when a mysterious blight begins to devastate the Otherworld...
The spell-driven source of the blight isn't the only challenge to Eugenie's instincts. Fairy king Dorian is sacrificing everything to help, but Eugenie can't trust the synergy drawing them back together. The uneasy truce between her and her shape shifter ex-lover Kiyo is endangered by secrets he can't--or won't--reveal. And as a formidable force rises to also threaten the human world, Eugenie must use her own cursed fate as a weapon--and risk the ultimate sacrifice.

I never tried to hid the fact that I am a huge Mead fangirl. I can't get enough of her books. And his was always my favorite series. Eugenie seemed to just have impossible situations continually thrust in front of her. I did enjoy seeing he pregnancy unfold, and how she kept herself safe. Watching her make the decision to go to the otherworld to save her people from the blight that is plaguing only certain areas of the otherworld. he whole situation broke my heart. The journey through the otherworld bothered me no because the action or adventure weren't there but because everyday was another day away from the twins. I will say that the ending of this book has me on the fence. I loved this book, and I was mostly happy with the ending because it gave me hope that one day she might write more, maybe not about Eugenie, maybe about the twins either is fine with me. But even if she doesn't ever come back to this series I am still happy with the ending it wasn't all tied up, but it was wrapped up enough to give me closure. I give this book and this series 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs