Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Review: 44 - Jools Sinclair



  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 1863 KB
  • Publisher: You Come Too Publishing (March 10, 2011)

Last year after falling through the ice, seventeen-year-old Abby Craig woke up from death.

But she woke into a world she barely recognizes. She can't see colors, memories have been erased, and her friends all hate her. And then there's Jesse, who she loves, but who refuses to forgive her the one mistake she made long ago.

Just when she thinks it can't get any worse, the visions begin. In them, she sees a faceless serial killer roaming the streets. While the police believe that there have been a lot of accidents in town lately, Abby knows differently. And she soon realizes that it's up to her to find him.

But to stop him, she'll have to confront more than just the killer. She'll have to face something else that was lost in those dark waters. The truth.

In the tradition of Amanda Hocking, 44 is a thrilling paranormal romance mystery novel that keeps readers at the edge of their seats and glued to the very end. The ending will haunt you forever.

My Thoughts...
I was contacted by the author to review this book, and truth be told I was a little apprehensive when I started this book.  I also have to say that once I started it I didn't want to put it down.  I was sucked straight into the story and the characters.  I really liked Abby she was dealing with a lot and while she may not have been happy she was dealing, and living.  Her brush with death left her only being able to see in black and white, her position as star soccer player has slipped away and even her friends seemed to think she is a freak.  Abby seems to have a solid relationship with her sister Kate, and the doctor who saved her life.  She only has one friend left and that is Jesse.   I loved all these characters! Things really start to get exciting when people start turning up dead and Abby dreams about the murders.  This sent Abby and her sister who is also a reporter down the path of trying to figure out who the killer is.  Let me tell you when they finally figured it out I was shocked,  I was barking up the wrong tree.  Through all of this Abby is also trying to work out her feelings for Jesse, and trying to remember her past.  I have to say the ending totally surprised me, I really never saw it coming and that is something I look for in a book, twists, turns, and surprises.  This book truly delivered.  I give it 5 stars and highly recommend it! I really hope you guys will give this book a try, it won't disappoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs