Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Review: Sirensong - Jenna Black


  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; Original edition (July 5, 2011)

When Dana is invited to Faerie to be officially presented at the Seelie Court, it’s no easy decision. After all, everyone knows Titania, the Seelie Queen, wants her dead. But Titania claims not to be the one behind the death threats; and her son, Prince Henry, makes the decision a whole lot easier when he suggests Dana might be arrested for (supposedly) conspiring with her aunt Grace to usurp the Seelie throne. So she and her father better do as they're told…
The journey through Faerie is long – and treacherous. Dana thought it would be a good idea to have friends along, but her sort-of-boyfriend Ethan and her bodyguard’s son, Keane, just can’t seem to get along, and Kimber’s crush on Keane isn’t making things any easier. When a violent attack separates Dana from their caravan, the sexy Erlking saves her just in the nick of time… and makes it clear that he hasn’t given up on making her his own.
Arriving at Titania’s beautiful palace should be a relief. But Dana is soon implicated in an assassination attempt against Titania’s niece, and is suddenly a fugitive, forced to leave her father behind as she and her friends flee for her lives. Will she be able to prove her innocence before the forces of the Seelie Court catch up with her? Or, worse, the Erlking? And will she save her father before he pays the ultimate price in her stead?

My Thoughts...
I am a huge fan of the fae, and I love how every author has a different portrayal of them.  Jenna Black happens to have a veiw of the fae that I really enjoy.  I have loved the other books in this series, but I think what really did it for me was that this book mostly took place in Faerie.  All the usual suspects were here, Keane, Ethen, and Kimber. There were also some new editions, we got to meet a faerie queen and prince.  This story kept moving and yelled at me every time I tried to put it down! Dana has always been pretty high on my loveable heroins list and this book moved her up a little higher!  Her need to help people while admeriable, has a tendency to get her in trouble. I thought her and Ethen were pretty cute throughout the book but I personally prefer Kean. All in all this was a great addition to the series and an awesome story that will have you saying "oh snap" as you read it.  I give this one 4.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs