Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is...
In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family. 

I have to read this because I can't imagine a world in which coffee and CHOCOLATE are illegal!!! I have to see how that works out for them lol. And the mafia mention in the blurb also adds a little something to it for me. 

5 comments:

  1. I heard about this book last week and had to add it to my list. It sounds great! Nice pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! When I heard that the ARCs were sent with chocolates in them I knew I'd have to read this one. It sounds great!

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower :)

    Wow this seems like an awesome read! I will have to check it out!

    check out my waiting on wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5-temptation-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Chocolate it illegal? THAT is scary! Guess I will have to add this to my 'to read' list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs