Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Never Have I Ever - Sara Shepard





  • Reading level: Ages 14 and up
  • Hardcover: 320 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (August 2, 2011)
Sara Shepard, the author of the Pretty Little Liars novels, has followed up those top-selling fictions with an even more artfully knotted series. At its center is a murdered narrator whose long-lost identical twin sister Emma is serving as a stand-in detective to find the killer. In the second episode of their hunt, the pair discovers new clues, but they know that as they search for the killer, he or she is watching their every move, waiting for the right moment to end it all. Editor's recommendation.


My Thoughts...
I loved the first book and dropped everything to read this one. I loved Emma and Eathen. They strike me as so cute. The other thing that I really liked was getting a closer look at the Twitter Twins. I felt like we got the quick introduction to them in the first book, but this one we really got to see who they were and what they were about. I enjoy the mystery and suspense in these books and I really am having a hard time waiting for the next. 
I have to say that Emma has to be one of my favorite characters. She has been dropped in an impossible situation, and while she is scared and doesn't really know who around her she can trust she is making the best of things. As much as I don't want to see this series end because I truly enjoy it, I really need to know what happened to Sutton. I picture her laying somewhere dead, and I really want to find out what happened, and I want her to get the goodbye she deserves from her family. I also really want to see what would happen if Sutton's parents found out what happened and that Emma isn't really Sutton, would they love the girl that they have thought was there daughter? Would they accuse her of planning all of this? There is so many options for where this series will go that I really can't wait to see what turn we will take. 
I give this one 5 stars and I hope that if you guys haven't started this series yet that you do soon, It is truly a great read. I haven't watched the TV show that was inspired by these books, but I have heard good things about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs