Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review: Ghost Story - Jim Butcher


Reading level: Ages 18 and up
Hardcover: 496 pages
Publisher: Roc Hardcover; First Edition edition (July 26, 2011)
When we last left the mighty wizard detective Harry Dresden, he wasn't doing well. In fact, he had been murdered by an unknown assassin.
But being dead doesn't stop him when his friends are in danger. Except now he has nobody, and no magic to help him. And there are also several dark spirits roaming the Chicago shadows who owe Harry some payback of their own.
To save his friends-and his own soul-Harry will have to pull off the ultimate trick without any magic...

Reading this was like coming home after a long vacation and seeing all your old friends. I LOVE Harry and the crew! I was a bit apprehensive about how this book was going to play out, but it was very enjoyable. Actually I think this book gave the secondary characters a chance to really come into there own. I also loved how Harry never hesitates even if it puts him in danger. If he thinks he can save someone he just jumps in head first. Harry being dead gives a new perspective on things and Harry. I really was engrossed in this story and thought I had it all figured out, and bam a twist sent me spinning into the wall. I was very pleased with the ending and am looking forward to the nenxt instalment. I give this one 5 stars and strongly suggest this series to all of you. 
On a side note my very wonderful soon to be husband told me he wanted to watch The Dresden files tv show on Netflix, and now that we have finished it I think I have him sold on listing to the audio books! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs