Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review: Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick


Reading level: Ages 14 and up
Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers (October 19, 2010)

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.
Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.
Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts. 


It took me a long time to read this book and I have no clue why, All the things I loved about Hush, Hush were present in this book. Great writing, a good story, and great characters. I do want to say though that I wanted to kick Nora, how could she break up with Patch?!? Once that happened we still saw Patch but he was more on the sideline. Nora starts to get angrier and angrier and pusing Patch further and further away when she realises he is haning out with Marcie. I loved the addition of Scott. He was strange and kinda creepy but I liked him, although I'm not sure I was supposed to. 
This book really hooked me, once I started I couldn't stop. The plot kept moving at a good pace and just when I thought I had it all figured out the twist knocked me on my butt. Actually a few things that were revealed kinda knocked me on my butt. This book didn't pull any punches it just layed it all out on the line and left us trying to figure out how to pick up the peices. I strongly urge you guys to read this seres! I give this one 4 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs