Friday, April 5, 2013

Follow Friday (24)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Its a way to get out there and meet new bloggers and discover new blogs. :)


Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate — ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?



To be honest I thought I would absolutly hate Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. I'm usually not one for sappy romamce books or really anything without a paranormal spin on it. And really even now the contemporary genre scares me, I'm trying to read more of it but I'm always afraid to start one. Truth be told though I ended up LOVING Bittersweet. I thought it was great and never once batted an eyelash at the fact that there were no vamps, weres, or any of our other standard creepy crawlies. 




What books surprised you? Or just didn't do it for you?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you ended up liking Bittersweet! I have yet to pick it up but will definitely do that soon!

    New GFC Follower, Follow back?

    Here's My Feature & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally only read books that I am sure I will like, but I have been surprised a few times both good and bad.

    New Follower Via BlogLovin, GFC, Facebook, Networked blogs, twitter, Goodreads, pinterest

    My FF http://curseofthebibliophile.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-and-follow-friday.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it! I've never read anything by Ockler, but I got approved for one of her upcoming titles. Hopefully it's a good one! :)

    New GFC and Bloglovin follower!

    Here is my FF post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs