Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross


Author: Kady Cross
Series: Steampunk Chronicles #2
Pages: 416
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: 5/22/12
ISBN-10: 0373210531

Goodreads/Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Book Depository

In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.


This series has solidified my love of the steam punk genre. There is something about these books don't intimidate me like most other steam punks do. I'm not sure what it is that has me hooked but I am.


Finley and the gang are an awesome group of characters. They remind me of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen which I loved. Finley is my kinda girl she will run off half coked to try to help the people she cares about. She is also pretty kick ass, if I was in a tight spot and needed some muscle I would call her. Griffin, Emily, Sam and jasper all have there own strengths an weaknesses and they all work so well together. Part of what makes them so special is that they are like a family and all care about each other.


This story picked up where the other ended, the gang is coming from London to America to help jasper. It isn't until they get there that they find out that jasper isn't with the police. From there they enter a world of scientists, gangs, social events, and criminals. There is always something happening here. It was impossible to get bored with this book. My favorite part though was getting to know jasper, and his past. I was also happy to find out who the chick on the cover was and where this clockwork collar came into play.


This was definitely a great installment in this series, and really as long as these books keep coming out I will keep reading them. This is a great intro into the team punk genre and I would suggest these books to anyone who is on the fence with it. I give this one 4 stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs