Saturday, February 11, 2012

Review: Deadly Cool - Gemma Halliday





  • Reading level:
  •  Ages 13 and up
  • Paperback:
  •  320 pages
  • Publisher:
  •  HarperTeen (October 11, 2011)

Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. 

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.


My Thoughts...
This was a cute, sometimes creepy mystery. I enjoyed this one. I really found i to be a cute easy read. Hartley  is having a rough day...first she finds out her boyfriend is cheating with the head of the chastity club, then when she goes to confront him she finds said "miss chastity" dead in his closet. From there she walks down a path that has her tripping over dead bodies, making spooky midnight meeting with informants, all because while her ex may be a jerk, he isn't a killer. There were parts to this that did creep me out, and I was surprised by the resolution. But the biggest thing for me was, I fell in love with Hartley. She was awesome and while afraid she pushed through because deep down she truly believed her ex was innocent. I also might be a little in love with Chase! I really want to see what kind of trouble Hartley can get into next. I give this one 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs