Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: Hard Bitten - Chloe Neill





  • Reading level:
  •  Ages 18 and up
  • Paperback:
  •  368 pages
  • Publisher:
  •  New American Library; 1 edition (May 3, 2011)

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals-and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are...tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else. Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society-a world full of vampires who seem ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands... 


My Thoughts... 
I think this has to be one of my favorite series. I love everything about these books! Merit is one of my favorite characters. I really enjoyed watching Merit try to figure out what was wrong with the vampires and who was causing the problem. Her first reaction was Celina, but the GP has basically put her out of bounds for Merit. But she was tough, tenacious, and pretty kick ass. In the end I think you will be shocked by the conclusion of this mystery. I loved Eathen! What I wouldn't give to have him "chase" me the way he "chased" Merit. The ending to this book left me flabbergasted, but at the same time I can't wait to read the next book to see just where this is all going. I give this one 5 stars! 

3 comments:

  1. Your excitement really makes me want to read the book! Barnes and Noble trip might be in my future....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should read the whole series if you haven't read then already. Its a great series, and this was a great addition to it =o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs