Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review: Die For Me - Amy Plum



Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen (May 10, 2011)


My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?



While not quite what I expected Die For Me was still a very good read.  I was expecting more action/adventure with a side of romance, but this was more romance with a side of action/adventure.  Normally this type of book wouldn't be my style but the characters all seemed to jump off the page and sink there claws into me.  Watching Kate grow from where we meet her to where we leave her was actually pretty amazing.  And Vincent and crew just amazed me.  Amy Plum's writing was spot on in my opinion.  The story never bored me and the characters seemed so full of life that I had trouble putting this one down.  I look forward to more books in this series, and any other books written by Amy Plum.  This one gets 4 stars from me!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this!! I know what you mean about it being more romance than action, but like you I really took to the characters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs