Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Enclave - Anne Aguirre



Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends; 1 edition (April 12, 2011)

New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters—or Freaks—who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight, in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs. As the two are guided by Fade’s long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they’ve ever known.



I've seen the trailer for this book popping up all over the blogsphere and it looked good so I said what the heck.  And I'm so glad I did.  This book was terrific!  At first I wasn't sure how much I was going to like Deuce, but quickly she grew on me.  I loved the underground world not that I would want to live there, but it was an interesting place to visit.  The freaks actually gave me the willies.  The seemed too closely related to zombies for me.  Watching Deuce and Fade work together and get to know each other was like being on a roller coaster, and it was a process that seemed to last for the entire book.  I really liked both Deuce and Fade they just seemed so real to me.  The part of the story that really got me was when Deuce had to learn about and try to adjust to life topside.  Simple things we never really think about seemed to either amaze or frighten her, I absolutely  loved it.  The journey does not end there for these two the journey they have while topside will have you on the edge of your seats.  I highly recomend this book and give it 5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing this book all over blog world. Lots of good reviews. I enjoyed reading yours. I guess I should push this book up on my tbr pile!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks for such a wonderful review! i have been waiting to get a copy of this and hopefully i'll get this soon. thanks for sharing your thoughts! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs