Friday, April 1, 2011

Review: Shade - Jeri Smith Ready


Reading level: Young Adult

Paperback: 336 pages

Publisher: Simon Pulse; Reprint edition (April 5, 2011)

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.



I have had Shade sitting on my TBR pile for a long time now and while I always look at it when I am looking for my next read I never grabbed it.  When I got Shift for review that was the push I needed and I'm so glad.  Shade was a terrific book with a great take on ghosts.  I think this is a series that will stand out amongst all the vampire and werewolf books we are surrounded by.  I really enjoyed Aura I felt that she was a very well developed character, and that she was very easy to connect with.   Now our love triangle wasn't your every day triangle  sexy rock star ghost or sexy Scotsmen...tough choices here.  I like that we don't have any more information on the shift than our charters, learning with them while frustrating because I just want to know is also a lot of fun, I feel like I am in on the adventure.  The only plus I see to waiting this long to read Shade was the ending wasn't so bad since there is a bit of a cliffhanger ending.  I look forward to reading Shift and hope that if you haven't picked up Shade yet that you will! I give this one 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs