With 2011coming to an end its time for The End of the Year Survey, which is hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. This is the second annual end of the year survey, but it is my first!
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Ripple by Mandy Hubbard, now its not that I didn't like this book, because I did. But the book wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was a mermaid book, but that wasn't what it was. Still a good book though.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Sleight - Jennifer Sommersby, I signed up for a tour on this one based solely on the cover, I wasn't sure what to expect when I got it in my hands, but I was so pleasantly surprised. This was a great book and I am looking forward to the next in the series.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
The Hunger Games Trilogy, I suggested it to friends, to my mom, to my moms friends! I just want the whole world to read these books.
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
I didn't discover this series in 2011 per say I read the first book a while ago and wasn't thrilled but I did rediscover the series this year if that counts and now I am a huge fan, and that series would be the Wings Series by Aprilynne Pike.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Jennifer L Armentrout. I have read mixed reviews on both Obsidian and Half-Blood, but I LOVED them both. I think she gets the right amount of sexy tension/lip locking, and funny. I look forward to more books in both of these series and her Cursed series.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Stay by Deb Caletti. I really enjoyed this book, but it is no where near my normal genre choice. I was never much of a contemporary fan but this book has me wanting to try more contemporary books in the coming year.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Divergent by Veronica Roth. You couldn't have paid me to put this book down. I guess it was a good thing that I read this before I started working or that could have lead to trouble lol. I remember finishing this book at 3am and thinking that it was well worth being tired the next day. Great book!
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Wildfire by Karsten Knight. From the moment I saw this book on WOW's and IMM's and any other place on the web all I wanted was this book in my hot little hands. I love mythology and Karsten managed to get a great cast of characters, a great setting, and a great mix of mythologies to make this book work. I loved this one!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Anna from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, for a long time after I read this book thoughts of Anna crept into my head. I can't wait for the next one I need to know what happened to Anna!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young. This book was great from start to finish, The story and characters were great, and Suzanne's writing was fantastic. I can't wait for more of this one either.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
After by Amy Efaw. This book wasn't hard to get into to, but it was hard to read. This was a tough subject that I had such a hard to reading about. In the end though I was so glad I did read this.
14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I put this book off for so long, or I would start it and decide it wasn't for me or it wasn't what I wanted at the time but when a few girls on goodreads told me how good it was and what I was missing I dived right in and was amazed and hooked. I LOVE this series!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
The Calling - Kelley Armstrong
"When I was little, my grandmother use to tell me this story about how I came to live with my family. She said my real mother was a cougar who'd had a late summer litter. She'd been an old cat and knew the signs that it would be a long, hard winter and her cubs wouldn't all survive. So she'd begged the sky god for mercy and he turned her smallest cub into a human girl and told the cat to take her into the city. She'd left me at the hospital, but before she went, she pressed her paw to my hip, leaving me a mark to remember her by."
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Lani Taylor, I will definitely need a reread before book 2 comes out.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?
Since I just started blogging this past year all of the blogs I have come to love are new to me, but one of my favorite blogs that I check often is Down the Rabbit Hole, and it is run by Amber.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?
My review for Between by Jessica Warman , I loved this book, and I loved writing and sharing my review for this book.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
My review of Ripple by Mandy Hubbard.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?
Andy's Sex in YA post on reading teen. It was a very well written, thought provoking post.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I was suppose to attend BEA this past year I went and picked up my pass and everything but on the days I was going to go, I was unable to attend. But I did end up at a Richelle Mead signing earlier in the year. *insert fan girl sqee here*
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
Oddly enough since I haven't been blogging all that long and took a few month break to try to get things sorted in my everyday life then trying to work blogging back into my new schedule. Even though I haven't been at this long my best moments where reaching 100 followers, and I hope to go well above this number next year. Also when I received my one and only physical ARC from a publisher. I felt so special lol.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Even though I don't vlog for imm, my imm post seem to be my most popular which is ok with me for now but I hope to figure out how to get my reviews some more views and comments in the coming year.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any one of my reviews that didn't get much love lol.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I knew about goodreads but never really used it until this year and now I can't live without it. Also Audible. I LOVE just being able to download a new audio book to my iphone. Audible has helped keep me entertained on my breaks/lunch at work.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I wanted to read 100 books this year, and when I met that goal I upped it to 125 and met and surpassed that goal as well. I have a few challenges I plan on joining next year though.
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
The Selection by Kiera Cass, and Incarnate by Jodi Medows
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
I hope to keep reading, there are very few things that bring me such peace as reading. It is my way of escaping my life for a little while. I also hope to just keep on with the blog even if I never get as big as some others out there I still enjoy that act of blogging. I've had alot of fun this year with the blog and look forward to another year of blogging fun and I look forward to getting to know some more bloggers out there.