Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Illusions - Aprilynne Pike


Author: Aprilynne Pile
Series: Wings #3
Pages: 375
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: 5/3/11
ISBN-10: 0061668095

Goodreads/Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Book Depository
"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life. I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.


I feel compelled to start this off by saying that Aprilynn Pike is an evil genusis! I wasn't sold when I read Wings, but Spells hooked me and Illusions reeled me in. I loved Tamani in this book he was awesome and I totally love him. I actually really liked watching everyone try to deal with Tamani's new role in their lives. I also thought Laurel's struggle with her feelings between David and Tamani was very well done. I love Chelsea in this addition. She really seems to be coming into her own now that she isn't in the dark. I really really need the next book! Little Miss Troll Hunter Klea made another appearance, only this time she was the one asking for a favor. She brings Yuki with her and asks Laurel to keep an eye on her since she is new and also "different". Klea describes Yuki as a dryad, Laurel and crew sped the book trying to figure out who Yuki really is and Klea's true intentions. I loved ever second I spent reading this book, and I am sure I will mope about until I have the next one in my hands because this ending was killer! I give this one 5 stars! If you haven't read this series yet what are you waiting for...go...read it!









1 comment:

  1. You know, I felt the same way as you. I wasn't wowed by WINGS but the next to books hooked me. Like you, I fell in love with Tamani and liked watching how he fit into his new role. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs