Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review: A Need So Beautiful - Suzanne Young


  • Reading level:
  •  Ages 14 and up
  • Hardcover:
  •  272 pages
  • Publisher:
  •  Balzer + Bray; 1 edition (June 21, 2011)

We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten... 
Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger. 
But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely. 
Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.

My Thoughts...
I NEED A Want So Wicked NOW! I devoured this book. I couldn't stop reading it. I loved the characters, Charlotte broke my heart, Harlin made me smile, Sarah made me sad yet happy at the same time. Charlotte's family made me happy too. It might not have been a fairy tale family, but they loved each other. The story compelled me to read even as my heart broke. I wanted Charlotte to fight I wanted her to have the life she wanted. There were parts where I wanted to scream at Monroe and tell him to fix things. I really don't have enough words to describe this book. It was beautiful and heart wrenching, yet at the end you are left with hope. I give this one 5 huge stars! I can't recommend this one highly enough! Go read this book! Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs