Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review: Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions


  • Reading level:
  •  Ages 13 and up
  • Paperback:
  •  464 pages
  • Publisher:
  •  HarperCollins (September 20, 2011)

A journey may take hundreds of miles, or it may cover the distance between duty and desire.Sixteen of today’s hottest writers of paranormal tales weave stories on a common theme of journeying. Authors such as Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, and Melissa Marr return to the beloved worlds of their bestselling series, while others, like Claudia Gray, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl, create new land-scapes and characters. But whether they’re writing about vampires, faeries, angels, or other magical beings, each author explores the strength and resilience of the human heart.Suspenseful, funny, or romantic, the stories in Enthralled will leave you moved.

My Thoughts...
I always put anthology's on my TBR pile or wishlist but I usually never read them. I find I usually have trouble getting into short stories.  This however was pretty awesome.  I only skipped a few stories and that was only because I hadn't read the series that the stories were apart of. So lets go down the list of stories here.

Giovanni's Farewell by Claudia Gray
    I would love, love, love to read more about Cairo and Ravenna. This was a great story about learning to deal with changes and new powers.

Senic Route - Carrie Ryan
     I haven't read the Dark and Hallow Places yet so I was worried this might be a bit spoilery but it wasn't at all. It was actually a great look at two sisters trying to survive and copy in a crazy world.

Red Run - Kami Garcia
     This was my favorite story in this collection.  I would love to see this get turned into a full length novel. This had the feel of the TV show supernatural and I absolutely LOVED it.

Niederwald - Rachel Vincent
     This was a nice peak into Sabine's head. I adore this series and was so happy to get to look through Sabine's eyes. And I am crossing my fingers that something I hope happens in this series actually does happen.

A Mortal Winter King - Melissa Marr
     I haven't read Darkest Mercy yet so I probably should have skipped this one but it was good even though I haven't read the last book yet. 

Facing Facts - Kelley Armstrong
     I loved getting another look at Chloe and the gang. I loved this series and this totally has me wanting to read The Gathering.

Leaving - Ally Condie
     This was great and again I would love to see this turned into a full length novel because I really want to see where this story would go.

At The Late Night Double Feature - Jessica Verday
     I really liked this one! Yet another one I that I would love to see come out as a full length novel. This was cute, funny, and absolutely wonderful.

Automatic - Rachel Caine
     I love the Morganville Vampires series although I am a book behind right now, but this was a good look at Michael. It was really really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs