Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: Between - Jessica Warman


  • Reading level:
  •  Ages 12 and up
  • Hardcover:
  •  464 pages
  • Publisher:
  •  Walker Childrens (August 2, 2011)

Elizabeth Valchar-pretty, popular, and perfect-wakes up the morning after her eighteenth birthday party on her family's yacht, where she'd been celebrating with her six closest friends. A persistent thumping noise has roused her. When she goes to investigate, what she finds will change everything she thought she knew about her life, her friends, and everything in between. As Liz begins to unravel the circumstances surrounding her birthday night, she will find that no one around her, least of all Liz herself, was perfect-or innocent. Critically acclaimed author Jessica Warman brings readers along on a roller-coaster ride of a mystery, one that is also a heartbreaking character study, a touching romance, and ultimately a hopeful tale of redemption, love, and letting go.

My Thoughts...
I loved every second I spent with this book! Liz wasn't the type of girl I would have been friends with at the start of this story, but towards the end I started thinking that really she wasn't all that bad. Yes she was shallow and seemed stuck up but even she started to realize that there was more to life than what she thought. There is really so much to this story that to really get into it would be giving something away. I can say though that Liz grew as a person through out the book, and it was marvelous trying to put together the story of her life and death with her. There were so many things that get revealed about her that lead you one way just to find out something a little later that leads you down a different path. And while I did guess parts of the story and even parts of the ending I still had to keep reading. The writing was great, the characters were well done and I didn't want it to end actually. I wanted certain people to get a different resolution. All in all I highly suggest reading this very haunting book. I give this one 5 huge stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs