Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter



Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (April 19, 2011)

Every girl who has taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.
If she fails.


                                         

Once upon a time I had a dream of becoming a history teach with a specialization in mythology, and while I like all mythology Greek/Roman mythology always held a special place in my heart. So when I saw the description of this book I said "I am gonna love that one".  Well it appears that I was 100% right!!  There were things that happened that I truly weren't expecting, and things that played out different than I thought they would.  I really liked Kate, I loved her determination to do whatever she could for the people she cared about. I also really enjoyed Henry, I felt for him and all I wanted at points was to know that he was going to fight for what he really wanted.  I really don't know what more I can say about this book I don't want to give anything important away but at the same time feel compelled to gush and gush about it. I guess I should leave it at. I really thought this was a great book and I hope that everyone who got teased by my teaser yesterday or that loves mythology  will grab a copy and give it a try.  I'm gonna give this one 4.5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs