Monday, March 28, 2011

Review: A Touch Mortal - Leah Clifford




Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: Greenwillow Books (February 22, 2011)


Eden didn't expect Az.
Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.
Yeah.
So long, happily-ever-after.
Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.
She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.
And that's only the beginning of the end.



I have read quite a few rave reviews for this book and I have to agree with them.  I'm not sure really how much I can say here without giving something away but I'm gonna try. I think this was a fresh take on the subject of angels and fallen with a little something thrown in for good measure.  Our Characters...Eden, I loved this girl, while she did fall apart from time to time she managed to keep it together when needed. Gabe and Az again loved them! Gabe always seemed to keep himself together and Az seems to be ruled by his passions (I love me some passionate men!) Kristen...I think she might be my favorite. Her love of quoting the fact that you couldn't tell from one scene to another just how crazy she was going to be.  Just when I thought I had everything figured out the plot would twist on me then when I finally wrapped my head around it, it would turn on me! I had trouble putting this book down because I had to see what was going to happen next.  Once I got to the ending it was something I never would have expected, I was fulfilled by this ending but at the same time left wanting more from this story and these characters.  While I did enjoy the book I would just like to inform any parents out there that there is a lot of use of some "foul" language.  Other than that I feel compelled to give this book 4 stars and I hope that many of you will give it a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs